Sunday, December 23, 2012

[Review] Last Kiss Goodnight by Gena Showalter

Last Kiss Goodnight
Otherworld Assassin #1
Gena Showalter
December 26th, 2012
Pocket Books
436 pages


Amazon/Book Depository/B&N





The breathtaking first novel in New York Times best selling author Gena Showalter’s new paranormal romance series, Otherworld Assassins, featuring a black ops agent who is captured and enslaved…and the beautiful deaf girl who holds the key to his salvation…

THE SWEETEST TEMPTATION…

Black ops agent Solomon Judah awakens caged and bound in a twisted zoo where otherworlders are the main attraction. Vika Lukas, the owner’s daughter, is tasked with Solo’s care and feeding. The monster inside him yearns to kill her on sight, even though she holds the key to his escape. But the human side of him realizes the beautiful deaf girl is more than she seems—she’s his.

THE ULTIMATE PRICE…

Vika endures the captives’ taunts and loathing, hoping to keep them alive even if she can’t free them. Only, Solo is different—he protects her. But as hostility turns to forbidden romance, his feelings for her will be used against him…and he’ll be put to a killer test.


 Hi it's Amy again and I am back to share my love for Gena Showalter's newest novel Last Kiss Goodnight.  This book takes place in the same realm as her Alien Huntress series.  I have never read any of the Alien Huntress series and I was not lost Ms. Showalter did a good job of introducing the world to a first time reader like me.  In this world, otherworlders have come to earth, and this book takes place after the war between the otherworlders and humans.

The book starts out with a bang with the reader getting a glimpse into the tragic past of the heroine Vika and how Solo comes to be in the zoo.  In my opinion this book reads like an alternate version of Beauty and the Beast and I really liked it.  Everyone describes Solo as a beast because he is big and huge.  He gets angry he turns red, grows fangs and claws, and he looks like a demon.  He two little men on his shoulders,like Tom and Jerry, who try steer him on the path to good or evil.  Most humans run from the Otherworlder but not Vika.  She is not afraid of him and thus starts the forbidden attraction.

While this book might not have an orginal plot line it has an original world.  To quote Shakespere "There are more things in heaven and hell then are dreamed of in your philosophy." In Last Kiss Goodnight that was never more true because there are the Otherworlders in all their different alien glory but there is another realm where little men that are the personification of good and evil fight for the soul.  My favorite quote  in the Last Kiss Goodnight was "Love Protects. Love Cherishes. Love lifts you up rather than tears you down. Love makes you fly, and I love Solo."  I think this passage pretty much sums up this novel it is a story about redemption through love.  How evil never flourishes and eventually with love and trust can be overcome.  I found that the love story between Vika and Solo was beautiful and of course steamy.  Of course I am a sucker for a happy ending.  I give Last Kiss Goodnight a solid four laser pistols.  I will be reading the next book in the series and checking out more books from the Alien Huntress world.





No comments:

Post a Comment