Sunday, January 20, 2013

[Audiobook Review] For A Few Demons More by Kim Harrison

For A Few Demons More
The Hallows #5
Kim Harrison
March 20th, 2007
Eos

Amazon/Book Depository/B&N






Despite dating one vampire and living with another, Rachel Morgan has always managed to stay just ahead of trouble . . . until now. A fiendish serial killer stalks the Hollows, claiming victims across society, and the resulting terror ignites a vicious Inderland gang war. And while the ancient artifact Rachel is hiding may be the key to stopping the murderer, revealing it could also create a battle to the death among the numerous supernatural races that live in and around Cincinnati.

For every action has its price, and when the vampire master Piscary is set free and the demonic Algaliarept dares to walk openly under the sun, even Rachel Morgan can't hide forever.

 So since it is Kim Harrison Audiobook month in honor of Ever After coming out January 22.  I have re-listened to For A Few Demons.  I give this book four solid laser pistols.  Rachel has a lot on her plate,  tyring to find out who is killing weres and keeping The Focus safe.  As always when I revisit the Hollow with Rachel Morgan I love the world and the supporting cast.  I adore Jenks in all his pixie glory and Ivy as well.

I loved the action in this book and though parts might have moved a little faster for my taste it was still an enjoyable listen.  Rachel is hunting a were killer, playing guard duty for Trent at his wedding, trying to hold her relationships together and all of it comes to a head in this book.  I loved the scene at the wedding it was priceless and had me laughing.  The end of this book is bittersweet and I was reminded at how sad I was for everyone involved.  Rachel as always lives her life by the seat of her pants and not making good decisions and hoping for the best.  The catastrophic event she faces at the end will force her to grow up and reevaluate how she live her life.  I recommend checking out all the book in the Hollows series you won't be disappointed.  Marguerite Gavin is wonderful narrator and I love how she brings the cast alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment