Monday, June 10, 2013

[Audiobook Review} A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses by Molly Harper

http://img2.imagesbn.com/p/9781451641851_p0_v3_s260x420.JPG
A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses 
Book 3 The Hollows series
Molly Harper
May 28th, 2013
Pocket Books


Amazon/Book Depository/B&N






Nola Leary would have been content to stay in Kilcairy, Ireland, healing villagers at her family’s clinic with a mix of magic and modern medicine. But a series of ill-timed omens and a deathbed promise to her grandmother have sent her on a quest to Half-Moon Hollow, Kentucky, to secure her family’s magical potency for the next generation. Her supernatural task? To unearth four artifacts hidden by her grandfather before a rival magical family beats her to it.


Complication One: The artifacts are lost somewhere in vampire Jane Jameson’s occult bookshop. Complication Two: Her new neighbor Jed Trudeau keeps turning up half-naked at the strangest times, a distraction Nola doesn’t need. And teaming up with a real-life Adonis is as dangerous as it sounds, especially since Jed’s got the face of an angel and the abs of a washboard. Can Nola complete her mission before falling completely under his spell?
Let me start off by saying that I am a huge fan of Molly Harper and read or listen to anything she writes. Her latest book doesn't disappoint. I really liked it. A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses is the second book in her spinoff series The Hollows. I liked that this book is told from Nola's point of view, a witch that comes to The Hollows looking for artifacts that can save her family. These artifacts were given to a grandfather she never knew about until her grandmother was on her deathbed.

If you love the world of The Hollows as much as I do then I know you will like A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses. This book has all the cast of the Jane Jamison series plus a few new ones. I enjoyed getting to see Jane through the eyes of a character. Of course, true to the style of a Molly Harper book, the book is full of zany characters and wacky laugh out loud moments. I think that is why I love Molly Harper's writing style, because she never fails to make me laugh out loud. There is one part I was listening to that had me snickering in my office at work, and my coworkers were like, "We want to know what you are listening to." I love Amanda Ronconi and her narration. I did have to get used to the Grey Gardens style of speech she used to narrate this book. I know the character called for it, but it did throw me off though not enough to make me stop listening.

In conclusion, if you like snarky heroines and happy endings, pick up this book and give it a try. You will laugh at all the zany moments and cheer at the end. I give A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses four solid laser pistols because it was out of this world good.







No comments:

Post a Comment