Where did I go? Well, ya see, the husband and I received a surprise. We're having another baby! As with the others, I succumbed to ennui and morning sickness like you wouldn't believe. First trimester is no fun and all you ladies who won the genetic lottery and have smooth ones, you have all of my jealousy.
I'm finally feeling like a functioning human again and I hope to get back to reading and reviewing. This surprise has thrown a snag into several of my plans for this and next year. I will no longer be attending the RT convention in May with Amy. It's actually on my due date. I would have loved to see New Orleans again, but there will always be the future.
Anyway, I (fingers crossed) find out the gender on Friday (the 20th). It will be a marvelous early Christmas present!
May your holiday be full of book store gift cards, hot chocolate and warm cuddly reading time.
Since I'm unable to make all of you hot chocolate, I'd like to share my aunt's recipe. It's in her cookbook, but that was a limited run that was local to her hometown of Louisville. I've made it. It's delicious and it makes a TON of hot chocolate. Make sure you have a big enough bowl (I used a stock pot) and a big enough container or several containers.
Aunt Alice's Instant Hot Chocolate Mix
1 25.6 oz package of nonfat dry milk powder1 22 oz jar of powdered coffee creamer1 pound of confectioner's sugar1 39 oz can of powdered, sweetened chocolate flavoring for milk (I bought Ovaltine, but I love Ovaltine)1 to 1 1/4 cups Hershey's cocoa
Makes about 88 servings using 1/4 cup of mix.
If you want the mix sweeter, add more sugar. If you want more chocolate flavor, ad more cocoa.
I actually added a bunch of pumpkin spice to my first batch, and that ended up tasting fabulous. I'm sure any creative addition (candy cane pieces, marshmallows, etc.) will meld well.
Anyway! Have a great holiday. I hope to have some reviews for ya'll after the New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment